Ooooh, 200th blog post
After I finished the Spiral stow away shopper pattern I have had no interest in crocheting what so ever even though I have a huge list of patterns, projects, and yarn bombings to choose from, I just can’t seem to find any of them interesting. I have several theories about why I am having this problem.
- As it turns out I have been suffering with depression (maybe postnatal) for several years, whether my high pain threshold transfers to emotional pain or what it took a blog post on male postnatal depression to get me to get it checked out. I am now on serotonin sensitizers and they are making me a little restless (This is me pretending I can focus for more than half an hour on a good day any way).
- It is hot, the weather that is, I am ginger and to steal from Woody Allen “I don’t like [the heat] I don’t tan I stroke”. Hot weather makes me grumpy, I never seem to be able to drink enough so get a tad dehydrated, the housework get’s neglected and that messes with my OCD, and non of my clothes are appropriate. Most of my to do list is warm stuff, there is a parasol pattern but I need to find the yarn for that one.
- We are going on holiday in two weeks and I can’t decide what to take with me, I’ll need to take two projects just to be sure I don’t run out (The In-laws do not want to be trapped with me in a cabin in Scotland with no crocheting) and I don’t know how much concentration/time I’ll have.
- I have run out of Smallvill, I’m all caught up with Teen Wolf, and everything seems to be on break. I have just discovered Afterlife, a TV show from ’05, and that might help, I have also found Netflix have The A-team, so fingers crossed.
- PMT/S is a possible culprit, due to number one things have been a little erratic of late and I have always turned in to the wicked witch of the north-west once a month, but you know when you are expecting it you know why.
With the lack of Cro-jo I have managed to make two skirts and alter another to add a “me-ness” so it’s not all bad.
At this point I am inviting your suggestions comment with links to your favourite patterns or projects you are especially proud of, help find my Cro-jo.